Saturday, March 5, 2011

I have infiltrated Peru!

Despite riding the smallest commercial flight known to man, being deemed a distressed passenger, and getting thoroughly confused in a Colombian airport, I have somehow made it to my hostel in Lima.

To better explain the above situations, I was forced to ride a plane for one stint of my trip that would be considered the smallest plane I've ever been on if I were not counting the dumbo ride at Disney land. My seat was both a window and an isle seat at the same time! I was able to hold a conversation at a whisper with the person in the front row and yes, my seat was in the last row. Guess what the in flight movie was. . . Are you kidding? There was no room for a TV on this thing. Want to know what the snack was? Mini pretzels. Yes I realize this normal for most flights but I enjoyed the irony in this case.

Still not sure what I did to gain the title of distressed passenger, but it did get me a high roller room at a Sheraton for the night along with free room service and other perks. Obviously it was a super rough layover. And as for the little mix up in Colombia, I almost got on the wrong flight which caused me to almost miss the one I was suppose to be on. Oops.

At any rate, once I finally got to my hostel last night I had been operating on an average of 4 hours of sleep per 24 hour period for the last week. It was that magical combination that enabled me to power through the snoring to my right and the guy sleep talking in French and finally cruise into dream land.

Tomorrow I may just venture outside the hostel and see how quickly I can find cocaine, get mugged, or if I'm feeling up to it, both. Could be a busy day.

Thanks and much love!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You made it! Congrats on navigating the airport successfully. That makes me happy you did not miss your flight.

    Glad you've got a little sleep. Whew. Glad to hear you're safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is rad, i got it bookmarked. Check out Komunidad Snow once winter rolls around down there. It's an Argentinian snowboard mag run by some guys Chris knows. stoked for yr travels.
    -Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, we're glad you have not died.

    We love you...and your blog...and your (insert choice word here).

    -Steph and Ryland

    ReplyDelete