Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Waterfall Saga







The Waterfall Saga

So this one time, long ago, about a million waterfalls got together and said, "Hey, we should party here at Iguazu like every day." 

So this one time, not long ago, I was invited to come take place in this legendary festival. Now I don't know how familiar you are with waterfalls, but when they invite you to their gala, you don't disrespect them. You go to their party. Maybe even take a fruit platter or bottle of wine, because it's a privilege to attend such a fiesta. 

So I went. I went with a camera and a mission. No fruit platter.

As it turns out, the camera was completely useless. There is no model available that can capture the brilliance of this place. Even the human eye struggles to comprehend what it beholds. Seriously, Iguazu is like an epic novel and a picture of this place is like only reading the 3rd page of each chapter in the book. There isn't even one place you can stand and see everything. But nevertheless, my camera did it's best to capture but a hint of what I was witnessing. 

Also, no one had informed me prior to my visit that these waterfalls were armed and dangerous. Turns out they are all equipped with rainbow guns. And they spare no one as they unload clip after clip while shooting from the hip.

The next day I paid to go back again just to make sure I hadn't been dreaming. Plus I still had that mission to take care of. 

Mission: Cliff Jump At Iguazu

I had done my recon work the day before and knew exactly where to do it. It had to be done very covertly as swimming is strictly prohibited, plus I had to hop a fence and go where no one is allowed. What's the worst that could happen? Other than injury/death from the jump or prison for trespassing?

Let's just say it took a lot of work, but I am neither dead or in prison and I successfully cliff jumped at the greatest waterfall in the world. It wasn't the highest jump, (only about 30 feet) but swimming under the fall afterwards and bathing in the cascade and glory of the moment made it one of my favourite jumps ever.

After completion of the mission I spent the rest of the day in the park just looking. No camera. No distractions. Nothing but me and that amazing place. 

Once my brain's 8GB memory card was maxed out with mental pictures and the park was closing, I departed. But I left knowing I had seen one of the most mind blowing places this earth has to offer.

Thanks for reading and until next time, much love.

P.S. If you ever find yourself on the South side of the Arctic Circle, you absolutely must make it a point to come visit this place.

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for this post! I think the pictures are postcard-esque but I also know how unjust cameras are to something this beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. This is my numero uno on my bucket list. No question.

    ReplyDelete